City Index is one of the world leaders in CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, FX and spread betting in Britain over the past 30 years. City Index is part of IPGL – a privately owned company with substantial shareholding in the world’s leading derivatives broker ICAP plc.
As a group we have over 400 employees worldwide and offices in the UK, Poland, Singapore, China, Malaysia, Dubai and Australia. We transact in excess of 2 million trades every month for individuals in over 50 countries worldwide.
We provide consistently competitive spreads and margin access on thousands of markets worldwide including indices, shares, currencies, commodities, bonds, interest rates and more. At City Index we are committed to providing a market-leading service based on fair and transparent prices, accessible technology and customer support.
Over the last 30 years, City Index has grown to become one of the world’s leading providers of Contracts for Difference, forex and, in the UK, spread betting.
- 1983: Established as one of the UK’s first spread betting providers
- 2001: Launched Contracts for Difference in the UK
- 2005: Acquired FX broker IFX Markets, and spread betting provider Finspreads.com to consolidate our position as one of the market leaders
- 2006: Opened offices in Sydney, Singapore and Shanghai serving clients across the Asia Pacific region
- 2008: Acquired FX Solutions, a US market leader in retail and white label foreign exchange services to expand our global reach across the USA and into the Middle East
- 2009: Launched City Trading™ – mobile trading App for the iPhone
- 2012: Launched new Advantage Trader platform which offers a range of sophisticated and intuitive trading tools
- 2013: Launched ‘MT4 enhanced’ with additional powerful features available exclusively for City Index clients